Coach K to the Lakers? Time to Break Kris's Heart...

>> Thursday, June 18, 2009





Take yourself back several years and remember whom the Lakers coveted to replace Phil Jackson following his retirement...

Time to revisit those memories. Rumors are starting to circulate and sources in Los Angeles are reporting that Coach K to the Lakers is a very distinct possibility. Many are beginning to believe that he is destined to be the heir apparent to the Phil Jackson throne in LA.

Kobe Bryant, had he attended college, would have been a Dukie and has a very, very good relationship with Coach K stemming over the past 15 years, including winning an Olympic gold medal. As we all know, the Lakers usually do everything in their power to appease The Black Mamba and Coach K would do just that.

While Coach K is a transcendent figure in Durham, one has to wonder if he wants to leave the game without ever coaching at the highest level. A defending NBA champion with arguably one of the two best players in the world on its roster would allow him the perfect opportunity to enter the league with little chance for failure.

I wonder if Coach K could fall with such grace on the Staples Center floor?

4 comments:

one fly cat June 18, 2009 at 3:06 PM  

ahhahahahahaaha

i love seeing coach k fall down.

Derrick June 18, 2009 at 9:15 PM  

lol, I agree. It's one of my favorite moments in sports. He was just soooo tired.

JT~Money June 18, 2009 at 11:21 PM  

It appeases me watching him and Roy lose...myself, I don't see him leaving the sideline hardwood in Durham, that place is hallowed ground for him and so many others...however if he should chose to leave, I would be appreciative in every aspect of not seeing his rat fink face while I watch the NCAA for years to come...

Derrick June 19, 2009 at 8:03 AM  

I don't see him leaving either....but it wouldn't shock my world if he did....

I just think its funny that the rumors are starting...