Federer's Path to 15 Just Got Easier..

>> Saturday, June 20, 2009





Roger Federer and his quest to fifteen major championships has become quite a bit easier. Defending Wimbledon Champion, Rafael Nadal, has pulled out of Wimbledon due to the knee tendinitis that hampered him at the French Open.

Nadal stated,

"I'm just not 100 percent," the No. 1-ranked Nadal said during a news conference at the All England Club. "I'm better than I was a couple of weeks ago, but I just don't feel ready."

Federer and Nadal competed in one of the greatest tennis matches of all-time during the Wimbledon Final's last year and it is disappointing that we won't be able to see the same this year. Nadal is currently the #1 ranked player in the world, but Federer will surpass him and regain the world's #1 ranking with a good performance at Wimbledon.

Here are some highlights from last year's classic final.

5 comments:

Anonymous June 20, 2009 at 11:40 AM  

who the hell cares about tennis.

Derrick June 20, 2009 at 12:05 PM  

People who appreciate a solid sport.

Anonymous June 20, 2009 at 12:44 PM  

I would like to see another post about Serena Williams. I have kept up with this blog ever since the first one!

Derrick June 20, 2009 at 12:54 PM  

lol, tell you what anon...I'll think about it...and I've thought about reposting that one now that we have a lot more readers...

Glad you've been around since then!

Michael June 24, 2009 at 9:53 AM  

Glad there's some tennis love in these virtual pages. Keep it comin'.

Michael