Turf Toe Tuesday Is Here!!

>> Tuesday, June 9, 2009





I would like to introduce a new weekly Tuesday segment to The Playmakers Blog ... Turf Toe Tuesday! Each week I plan to give an injury update of certain professional athletes suffering from the turf toe crisis sweeping the sports nation.

I first became interested in metatarsalphalangeal joint sprain (turf toe) as a teenager watching Sunday NFL Countdown. Each week I couldn't wait to watch one of my favorite NFL players, Vinny Testaverde, take the field on Sunday. And each week I was disappointed to learn during the NFL Countdown injury update that Vinny Testaverde was once again sidelined due to none other than a turf toe injury. The poor man had to have been sidelined by turf toe more than any other professional athlete.

I also agree with a proposal to the NFL for an award in honor of Vinny Testaverde. However, The Vinny Testaverde Award would not be given to the oldest player in the NFL. Instead, the award would go to the player who was sidelined the most in one NFL season because of turf toe.

I, like many other skilled athletes such as Deion Sanders, LaDainian Tomlinson and Tyson Chandler have suffered from turf toe. By starting Turf Toe Tuesday and a proposal of The Vinny Testaverde Award, we will begin to raise awareness of the pandemic spreading throughout the sporting world known as Testaverde toe or turf toe. Live on Vinny! Live on!

1 comments:

Derrick June 9, 2009 at 9:11 PM  

haha ....i love it...t-shirt will be coming asap.