Brock Lesnar is a beast

>> Sunday, July 12, 2009




Last night, I went to a friend's house to watch UFC 100. This is the first time I've actually sat down and watched a match since Royce Gracie was just choking mothers out left and right back in the 90's. It was hard not to like these fights back in the days before having rules and weight classes. It had kind of lost my interest after about the first 6 or 7 ppv fights. Needless to say, I had little expectation last night.

Well, I was wrong. This was one of the more enjoyable things I had watched in a long time. Granted, there were a handful of fights that were kind of slow paced and boring to watch, but there were two fights that really stood out and made the show for me.

The first consisted of Dan Henderson's old ass just coming in and knocking out the British fighter, Michael Bisping in the 2nd round. It seemed as if Bisping had the odds in his favor (I am totally just going off what my friends were saying about the two fighters pre fight, this may not be true at all). So after seeing clips of all the shit that Bisping talks, and the fact I think he was sponsored by Mark Echo, kind of had me cheering for him. Luckily for me, I didn't really give that much of a shit when he got knocked the f**k out by Henderson. I really appreciated the diving punch at the end after it was clear that Bisping had been already knocked out cold.

So this fight had my interest peaked even with nearly a fifth of Gentleman Jack in me, but the fight that really put me over the top though, was watching Brock Lesnar (the one fighter I was actually familiar with due to his days of WWE) and Frank Mir. I got tired of seeing the highlights of Mir making Lesnar tap which was possibly shown at least 53 times last night to hype the fight. When I looked at Lesnar and then at Mir, I coudn't figure out how in the world that Mir had beaten this monster.

Then the match began and it was obvious within the first 30 seconds of the fight that Mir had no chance this time. Lesnar completely dominated the match, which he should being he has 20 pounds and more reach than Mir. The best part of the whole fight came when they let Brock Lesnar on the mic after he had already talked shit to Mir and flipped off the crowd post fight. The guy then got on the mic and talked as if he was still a heel on a monday night wrestling show. He encouraged the crowd to boo him, talked about how Mir had a horseshoe up his ass the first fight but this time he took that horshoe out of it and beat him over the head with it. And my personal favorite, talked shit about bud light for not sponsoring him and decided he'll "climb on top of his wife." That is comedic gold, and for this, I now pledge my undying alligence to one Brock Lesnar.

2 comments:

Hager July 12, 2009 at 10:10 AM  

best part about it was when he said he was gonna climb on his wife, his wife, and i did not know this, was sable.....pretty funny when he threw the coors light/bud light line out there too lol

Kris July 12, 2009 at 10:53 AM  

haha I know..I was shocked too to find out his wife was freaking Sable...seriously how many wrestlers can she possibly marry?