Probably a good thing I'm not a GM...

>> Tuesday, July 14, 2009





Because there is no way in hell that I would give Matt Cassel 28 million dollars in gauranteed money. Cassel had a decent year last year for a player who had not started a game since highschool. Think about what he had around him though, Randy Moss and Wes Welker, a great offensive line, great coach, etc. and he still could not get this team into the playoffs. If Tom Brady would have been healthy last year, I would go ahead and penciled them into the superbowl for a second straight year.

So now Matt Cassel plays for the Kansas City Chiefs and has a shaky offensive line and no Tony Gonzalez to bail him out this year. We'll see what Matt can do with this offense next year. I may be wrong, he might come out and light up the AFC West and I'll be eating my words.

If I were the GM of the Chiefs though, I would have paid him the 14 million this year and seen how he handled the pressure before I handed him the keys to my franchise for the next 5 or 6 years. There must have been a reason that Cassel hadn't started since highschol, right?

1 comments:

Anonymous July 14, 2009 at 7:38 PM  

Sure Cassell is worth 63 million dollars. If i'm worth a billion at fucking.