Thank you Michael..

>> Thursday, August 6, 2009





Michael Crabtree is apparently considering sitting out the entire 2009 NFL season to re-enter the draft next year according to his cousin/adviser. So you may ask why am I saying thank you for? Well as a Raiders fan, I had to sit through the ridicule the Oakland Raiders organization endured during the draft weekend back in April. I, like most of the world, agreed that Crabtree would be an instant star in this league and would have looked great in the Silver and Black.

But now, watching this prima donna sit out all the OTA's, minicamps, etc. I am suddenly not as down on the Heyward-Bey pick. Heyward-Bey may not have the route skills and catching ability that Crabs has, but at least he is under contract and working hard everyday working on his game. I'm just being optimistic, Crabtree will sign and end up being close to a 1,000 yard reciever this year while Heyward-Bey is sitting behind a 7th round pick from last year and Javon "What happens in Vegas, doesn't always stay in Vegas" Walker.

Other news and notes;

Seriously, does Eli Manning deserve 97 million? It just goes to show that getting hot for a few weeks during the playoffs can do for you.

I actually think Vick going to the Packers could be a solid place for him. A small, close community could be what the doctor ordered...

I would also like to take the time out to apologize for the lack of updates here lately. Things have been pretty busy and quiet honestly, I hate baseball and there is nothing else to blog about.

0 comments: